Monday, March 24, 2008

Daddy you should do our diet.

It's amazing what the kids learn and how they adapt to new ways of life. My son, Nathan, soon to be 6 told Dad the day before Easter that he should be on his diet too. He said that it would make his belly fell better and those foods he eats are full of tar and gasoline. My kids call it a diet and often ask if specific foods are on their diet. Even so young they know they can't eat just anything and they don't try to. For Easter desert we did melted chocolate and dipped fruit, teddy grahams, and pretzels in the chocolate. My son said it was the best he's ever had. And sure we had some normal Easter Bunny candy only it was free of petroleum additives and artificial vanilla; by the way I'm making my own vanilla now it's pretty cheap and easy. All you need to do is take a bottle of vodka and add vanilla beans. I got a bottle of Absolute, because the State Store guy said that and Sky are the two purest vodkas, and I added about 30 beans split the long way. I'm waiting about 3 months and yahoo, my own vodka. My husband says sure you won't give the kids artificials and additives, but you'll give 'em alcohol. Well vanilla is 30% or 40% alcohol. You only use a little anyone. I make my own chocolate syrup too. Going additive free is not only easy it's an adventure.

No comments: